Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"I Believe in Zero" Review by Brianna Hopkins

I Believe In Zero

By: Brianna Hopkins

Source: www.unicefusa.org
Source: www.internationalwatersafetyday.org
The novel, I Believe in Zero, written by Carolyn M. Stern, is a story that I highly recommend to anyone.  From mission trips to fundraisers, Stern left me completely inspired and wanting to be apart of this great cause.  We live in a world that does not allow certain people to be as fortunate as others and this book really opened my eyes to that.

The author of this novel, Carolyn M. Stern, is the President and CEO of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. UNICEF is a non-profit organization that strives to help make the world a better place for young children. They strive to help prevent violence and trafficking, promote a better educational system and provide support for young children with disabilities.  

I Believe in Zero gave me an opportunity to get complete insight to these situations going on across the world. Stern is an unbelievable writer and her actions have inspired me so incredibly much. Living in the greatest country in the world and going to such a great university to receive an amazing education makes me feel so incredibly fortunate after reading this novel.  The whole point of this story is to achieve the goal of leaving zero children hungry, alone, neglected, or ill. Through Stern’s stories of all her travels and experiences, she is ultimately saving thousands of lives… one novel at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment