Friday, December 6, 2013

A Book for the Soul


A Plentiful Harvest: Creating Balance and Harmony Through the Seven Living Virtues 

Terrie Williams
Warner Books
$19
Review by: Spenser Hicks

This book will better you and anyone who reads it is the best way to put it. I was not able to put it down and some of the points really resonated with me as actual good things to do the find value out of life. The author, Terrie Williams, is a successful PR practitioner who no doubt has a hectic lifestyle that gives her the credibility to write this book. She started her own agency entitled The Terrie Williams Agency and represents many celebrities such as Jesse and Janet Jackson. In her book she promotes 7 Kwanzaa virtues as the recipe for a healthy meaningful lifestyle: calling, thrift, responsibility, community, love, spirituality, and creativity. She gives the suggestion that all readers spend some time each week to reflect on aspects of these virtues. I gave it a try very skeptically and found myself thinking about stuff I never had before. I connected most with creativity and found myself taking some of her suggestions like making other people happy with my creative efforts in order to develop my creative side even more. The book really gets in depth and is designed to be a fifty-two week process. It might have helped a little to know about Kwanzaa going into the reading but she covers the topics with ease and explains them well. I found myself thinking about my soul and what type of a person I really wanted to be and how to balance my life in order to do this. It urged me to find my creative side and the journals are a great way to get ideas down on paper. I really wouldn’t change a thing; it’s a great book by a very experienced woman. 
Photo Credit- Nerrissa Larobis

Photo Credit- Philidalphia Weekly


No comments:

Post a Comment