Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Start Harvesting!



Book: A Plentiful Harvest: Creating Balance and Harmony through the Seven Living Virtues
Author: Terrie Williams
Length: 320 pages (Paperback)
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Price: $17.99 (Paperback)

The coverage of A Plentiful Harvest designed by Giorgetta Bell McRee

Start Harvesting!

Rahnuma Ahmed

Terrie M. Williams, the writer of the book A Plentiful Harvest, is a successful entrepreneur. She is the Founder and President of the Terrie Williams Agency, one of the most renowned marketing and PR firms in America. She also founded an organization for youth, The Stay Strong Foundation. She was a licensed clinical social worker and achieved her degrees from Brandeis and Columbia Universities.

Inspired by the principles of Kwanzaa, Williams developed a set of seven "Living Virtues": calling, thrift, responsibility, community, love, spirituality and creativity. According to her, life is all about balancing “seasons” and having the most fulfilling rewards from them. She gently inspired her readers to sow the virtues slowly in their lives. To her view, this process will stimulate the readers to live abundant life. Williams also connected her personal, communal, and professional experiences to explain how the virtues really work.
Terrie M. Williams, the writer of the book
Picture is produced by blackradionetwork.com 
Although I appreciate her explanation of seven virtues, I disagree with Williams on one point. Her sense of defining a community, according to me, will narrow down an individual’s horizon. Rather than being concerned and connected with a small community, people should keep their arms and minds open to other people.

I think, as a reader, the book was successful to inspire me to follow its lead. For me, the idea of keeping a journal to write down the reflection on each virtue is a wonderful one. I am planning to keep a journal  to release the stress out of my life and bring a balance. According to me, it can keep me empowered, and confident. My suggestion for everyone will be to "go for the book". 

1 comment:

  1. Very thoughtful review. I know you will be successful with your journal.

    ReplyDelete