Friday, March 28, 2014

Who is Katelynn Smith?


Hello!

My name is Katelynn Smith and I am currently a junior at the University of Oklahoma. I am studying Public Relations with a minor in Enterprise Studies. I have lived in Oklahoma my entire life. When I was 18, my parents moved to Ireland for two years and that was the moment I fell in love with traveling and also learned I needed to figure out how to change the oil in my car by myself. To this day I am extremely jealous that my parents were able to move and upset that I had to stay in Oklahoma to go to school. Fortunately, I was able to visit them twice while they were over there and I was able to branch out of the bubble I had created in Oklahoma and finally get to see another part of the world.

I am the youngest of four children. My siblings are all six, seven, and eight years older than me. So yes, I was an unexpected child, or what I like to call a “happy accident.” I have very diverse interests. I love to dance, play golf, was on a chess team and have even been skydiving. I don’t know if I will stay in Oklahoma after I graduate. Although I will always be an Oklahoma girl at heart, I love the state of Texas and could even see myself potentially moving to California for a few years. I am a very fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal and because of that, I could end up anywhere after I graduate. I think it is important to live life one day at a time and to live each day like it is your last. Hakuna Matata!

~Katelynn Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment